Welcome to Upward Sports at First Baptist Church of Grove City! We want you and your family to have the best sports experience!
Upward at FBC Grove City is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed for K5 through 8th grade boys and girls that promotes skill development, character, and identity found in Jesus. FBC Upward offers cheerleading, soccer and flag football programs throughout the year.
This season, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made several changes to our registration process, and it differs from what was done this past fall.
We will not be having any soccer evaluations this year. Please complete registration online with a credit card or mail or bring your completed registration form to the church with and payment (cash, check, or credit card).
Please refer to the sizing chart below and choose the appropriate size for your child. Please note uniforms tend to run a little small.
Spring 2021 Registration is Open
Registration fee January 24-March 7 - $75
Registration fee March 8-March 18 - $90
Registration fee on and after March 19 - $100
We want every child who wants to participate to have the opportunity. If you are in need of financial assistance, please send an email to and we can provide instructions to get your child registered for the spring season.
You should hear from your child's coach by Thursday, March 18.
Practice 1 is the week of April 5. Game 1 is Saturday, April 17
Please Read and sign the COVID-19 waiver for your child(ren) below. You can submit the completed form in one two ways:
- Fill out form on-line and submit
- Complete the form at the first day of practice.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT FOR UPWARD SPORTS AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH GROVE CITY
By signing this agreement, the Participant's Parent or Guardian agrees that:
- Participating in Upward Sports at First Baptist Church of Grove City (FBC) is voluntary;
- While at FBC, social distancing must be followed;
- The Participant will stay home if his/her temperature is above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit on any practice or game day, or if the Participant has been exposed to any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past fourteen (14) days;
- COVID-19 is contagious, and it is the sole responsibility of the Participant's parent/guardian to evaluate carefully all risks inherent in participating in Upward Sports at FBC. The Participant and his/her parent/guardian voluntarily assumes full responsibility for the risk that the Participant may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by using the Church’s Facilities and Equipment, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, death or other damages or expenses;
- The risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at FBC may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Participant or others;
- The Participant's parent or guardian assumes all of the foregoing risks and accepts sole responsibility for any injury to the Participant including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that the Participant or their parent/guardian may experience or incur in connection with Participant’s use of FBC Facilities or Equipment
- The Participant and his/her parent or guardian releases and agrees to hold harmless and indemnify FBC, its members, employees, and agents, from any and all liability, arising from negligence or otherwise, and any damages as a result of the Participant’s use of FBC’s Facilities or Equipment, including but not limited to property damage and any mental or physical bodily injury, including death; and
- This release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of FBC, its members, employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after use of FBC’s Facilities or Equipment.
- The foregoing WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ACKNOWLEDGMENT, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of Ohio and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
- You may withdraw at any time, but there will be NO refunds after noon on Friday, March 26, 2021.
I, the undersigned, have read the above carefully, understand its significance, and voluntarily agree to all of its terms. For divorced/separated parents, the parent/guardian signing below attests that he/she has legal authority to provide consent for the Participant to attend FBC activities and use its Facilities and Equipment and to execute this Waiver of Liability, Acknowledgment, and Assumption of Risk Agreement.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
For more information, contact Pastor Jeff Bane (614-991-0205).